Wednesday, October 4, 2023

"Stay"

I just heard it on the radio, can't get it out of my mind. It reminds me of my High School prom and my date that night - Barbra Williams. 
 
"Stay" is a doo-wop song written by Maurice Williams and first recorded in 1960 by Williams with his group the Zodiacs. Commercially successful versions were later also issued by the Hollies, the Four Seasons and Jackson Browne
 
The song was written by Williams in 1953 when he was 15 years old. He had been trying to convince his date not to go home at 10 o'clock as she was supposed to. He lost the argument, but as he was to relate years later, "Like a flood, the words just came to me."  



Lyrics

please please please please tella me you're goin to
Now your daddy don't mindAnd your mommy don't mindIf we have another danceYeah- just a one moreOne more time
Oh won't you stay just a little bit longerPlease let me danceSay you will (say you will!)
Won't you place your sweet lips to mineWon't you say you love me, all of the time
please please please please tella me you're goin toCommon Common Common Stay (Stay)Common Common Common Stay (Stay)Common Common Common Stay (Stay)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment