Friday, May 13, 2022

Bob Seger

 

Seger
captures the American Spirit. Open road, free spirited, free loving,
and that rasp in his voice is pure muscle. Much like Mellancamp his
music is the anthem of growing up in America in a time long past


I've grown old listening to music like this, but this music has not gotten
old as the years passed. It has, like me, matured it has gained meaning
in my life and in some cases, changed my perspective concerning certain
events in my life. It is like a fine wine that each time I taste it has
gained new nuances and flavor. These songs will never be obsolete
because they touch a part of me that doesn't change. Seger & his
compatriots bring me peace & remind me of my Navy years, a time
when I had enough courage that nobody would ever break me. As I grow old
I find that I need these songs as reminders of a life well-lived, like
a rock. 
 
I'm retired now, I admit, sometimes I start feeling down on myself, like
I'm all "washed-up" after a long working life full of things that had to
be done "NOW!" Lots of travel, last minute stuff, planes mostly, here
on Monday, there on Tuesday, somewhere else on Wednesday. I listen to
Bob and understand that tho my life is a bit slower and my memory is
fading, I have nothing to regret and a whole lot to pass on to the next
generation.


Bob Seger - Greatest Hits Full Album 360p (2020)
 
 
 
Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band 2017.08.24 Toledo, OH @ Huntington Center *FULL SHOW*

 

No comments:

Post a Comment